[pmwiki-users] XHTML strict compatible replacement for [[<<]]

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu May 26 04:28:44 CDT 2011

"Patrick R. Michaud" wrote:

>> Can the output generated by [[<<]] generally be changed to get similar
>> results with XHTML 1.0 Strict compatibility?
>>
>> If not, what is clean markup to clear a lfloat style

sorry, I didn't notice that my posting was not yet 100% complete...

>IIRC, there's not an exact XHTML 1.0 Strict equivalent to
>that has CSS with 'clear: both', but it doesn't always work
>exactly the same.

What's the preferred way to create such a clear:something element (a
"p" would be useful) with PmWiki markup?

For example, lfloat styled images with some related text beside them:

%lfloat% Attach:image1.jpg %%
some text \\
more text
(:comment how to clear the lfloat here, i.e. clear:left styled <p>?:)
%lfloat% Attach:image2.jpg %%
This image shall be positioned below the first image

Oliver