[pmwiki-users] WYSIWYG is Indispensable; Moment of Truth

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue May 24 16:20:24 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 24 May 2011 16:51:02, Randy Brown wrote :
> On May 24, 2011, at 5:06 AM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > And it can reorder the rows on any column with
> > (:pagelist request=1 req=1:) and specially created links in the table
> > headings.
> What
> is its effect in the pagelist directive? When I run "(:pagelist request=1
> req=1:)", nothing happens.

With request=1, you can override the pagelist parameters with a link to a
special url address. For example:

  (:pagelist order=name request=1:) sorts the list by name

But you can have links to this same page like :

  [[ {*$FullName}?order=-name | order by name     ]]
  [[ {*$FullName}?order=-time | newer on top      ]]
  [[ {*$FullName}?order=$Name | order by PageVar  ]]
  [[ {*$FullName}?group=Main  | only from a group ]]

etc. This way you can override most pagelist parameters written (or not) in
the page directive.

The req=1 parameter disables the pagelist, unless something was posted. You
can have a custom search form, and below, either (:searchresults:) or
(:pagelist request=1 req=1:). When your visitors go to the page, they only see
the search form, not the pagelist; but if they submit something in the search
form, the pagelist will show what is related to the search form.

This can work in many more cases than the default pmwiki search. You can
search, filter and reorder data from pages with PTVs, etc. Just notice that
the default ordering is of text strings, ie. 1, 10, 2, 3 and not 1, 2, 3, 10,
but you can also have a custom pagelist sort function (see the cookbook).

Petko