[pmwiki-users] Large ammount of articles... about 50k

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue May 24 14:56:47 CDT 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 07:32:42PM +0200, ABClf wrote:
> If not for the performance, maybe is SQLite storage format more
> convenient for back-up ?

It could be more convenient for some people, yes.  I tend to
use rsync and/or tar for backups, which is extremely convenient
for me, and makes it easy to restore individual pages if/when
I need them.

For example, to back up my site to another machine ("orange"),
I simply do:

    rsync -auv pmwiki orange:backups/pmwiki

Rsync is smart enough to transfer only the files that have
changed since the previous backup.