[pmwiki-users] WYSIWYG is Indispensable; Moment of Truth

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue May 24 03:27:59 CDT 2011

jdd-gmane wrote:

[...]

>> There are over 70 wikis out there with WYSIWYG capability according
>> to Wikimatrix.
>
>did you test them? the one I know are making more garbage than good
>work, often destructing the usefull markup.

several people I asked recently also said that every kind-of-WYSIWYG
CMS they know sometimes creates wrong (and hard to repair) markup.

Nevertheless there is one case where a WYSIWYG editor is extremly
useful: Table editing!

Ever tried to insert a column in HTML or Wiki markup? It's a PITA.
Even entering or modifying data is extremly inconvenient in markup.

Oliver