[pmwiki-users] The Challenge: Is there a simple, dependable PHP login script?

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Thu Mar 17 13:10:49 CDT 2011

On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:08 AM, Hans wrote:

> Requirement: Have all pages locked against reading and editing,
> except Main.HomePage, which should be open to be read, by protected
> from editing.
>
> My failed approach(es):
> In config.php set a general 'admin' password,
> plus a general 'edit' and 'read' password.
> In page Main.Homepage?action=attr set the read password field to
> @nopass
>
> Why does this not work?

I would expect what you did to work.

Did it fail in the simplest PmWiki configuration? Have you verified that Main.HomePage's read password was successfully changed to @nopass?

If you want to send me the config, a URL, and authorize me to look at the attributes, I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Randy