[pmwiki-users] PmForm - change summary and cancel button

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Mar 6 18:37:17 CST 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011, 12:06:41 AM, Randy Brown wrote:

> 1. My function doesn't seem to be invoked. How does my
> HandleActions function get called? If it's called, will PmForm still
> do its part, or will I now have to update *all* the fields myself?
> Would I be better off just making a custom version of PmForm?

if you use pmform, i.e. (:input pmform ....:)
it uses its own action=pmform, which calls its own function
HandlePmForm to process the form submission.

It looks as if you want to use your own function,
called with your own action=MetaEdit.

So you need something like this instead of (:input pmform ....:):

(:input form:) (:input hidden action MetaEdit:)
etc.....

Try that and see if your function gets called.

Oh, and $_POST is a 'superglobal' variable, you don't need to
declare it as global in your function, it is available everywhere.

cheers,
  ~Hans