[pmwiki-users] Having problems adding a user to SiteAdmin/AuthUser

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 02:11:30 CDT 2011

I have been trying to add a user to the SiteAdmin/AuthUser page and
having a devil of a time trying to get it to work.

My SiteAdmin/AuthUser page source is at http://pastie.org/2138288 so
you can see what I'm trying to do.

I am trying to add the user nikki, which you can see on line 20. I
already have user tamara working (at line 18). Further down the page,
you can see where I add nikki to existing groups (lines 38, 39).

When I go to test the new login, I get "Password required" and "Name/
password not recognized."  I am most positive I typed the name and
password correctly.

I have had problems understanding the AuthUser mechanism in the past.
I'm still rather stumped as to how to make it work correctly. The page
itself is a little confusing. It wasn't until it was pointed out to me
that the examples are commented out because of the leading space and
octothorpe that I started to have a little bit of a clue. But now I'm
back to being stumped.

Help, please?

Tamara