[pmwiki-users] Edit password with AuthUser

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Jun 20 23:55:29 CDT 2011

On Monday 20 June 2011 21:55:06, Bobby Prévost wrote :
> Using any login+password of the users in the @admins group, everything is
> working perfectly, I can edit everything. Using a login from the @editors
> group, I can only read the (entire) wiki, I cannot edit any pages. When I
> go to the action=attr of any pages, I have :
>
> Set new read password: ________ (set by site) @editors @admins
> Set new edit password: _________ (set by group) @lock
> Set new attribute password: _________ (set by group) @lock
>

> Why is the read password is properly set by config.php and not the edit
> password ?

Hello. Your WikiGroup has a @lock password set, that is to prevent anyone but
the admin from editing the whole group. You can change the password by opening
the page YourGroup.GroupAttributes?action=attr and enter "clear" (without the
quotes) in the edit and attribute text fields.

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Passwords for more information.

Note that the Site.* group contains parts of the site interface and is
normally "edit" protected, and the SiteAdmin.* group contains passwords and is
"edit" and also "read" protected.

Petko