[pmwiki-users] Lack of ability to use % in CSS directives a real pain

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Jun 11 21:55:58 CDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 08:50:38PM -0500, Tamara Temple wrote:
> In http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/WikiStyles , one of the Known
> Issues is:
>
> "Percents in style definitions (like: %block width=50% %) require
> the use of "pct" instead of "%"."
>
> This is a REAL pain, because "pct" is not valid (nor necessarily
> recognized) CSS unit. Thus my desire to have 3 divs side-by-side
> each taking up 1/3 of the space is not possible without rewiring the
> skin template, thus making it not portable to other skins. Is there
> ANY chance this can be fixed?

IIRC, PmWiki converts the "pct" into a "%" so that it becomes valid CSS.
Is that not good enough?

The reason PmWiki can't use a percent sign directly is because that's
what marks the end of the wikistyle.  :-|  Maybe we could come up with
an alternate wikistyle delimiter that wouldn't have difficulty with the
percents.