[pmwiki-users] can't edit after upgrade

Richard Talley rich.talley at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 15:59:05 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I recently took over administration of a site using PmWiki 2.1.27, so it's
long overdue for an upgrade.

I carefully read through the release notes for all the changes from that
version up to the current version, 2.2.26.

It appears that the major change that would affect this site is
making $EnableRelativePageVars on by default.

First I copied the entire installation to a test site, changing $ScriptUrl
and $PubDirUrl appropriately. I double-checked that all file permissions and
ownerships were identical to the original site. Test site came up and
functioned correctly.

In looking at the installation, I determined that the only thing that would
be affected by the change in $EnableRelativePageVars would be PageActions,
so I edited all the PageActions to use *$FullName instead of $FullName. Test
site continued to function correctly.

I then applied the upgrade. Now I can't edit any page. I don't get asked for
the password.

If I go to the Site page, I get asked to give my Site Administration
password, but I can't edit anything there either.

Any suggestions?

-- Rich