[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 73, Issue 11

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 17:28:29 CDT 2011

On Jul 7, 2011, at 4:52 PM, adam overton wrote:

> hi Tamara, thanks for the hunch. where would that temporary upload
> dir be located? would that be listed somewhere in my php_info?
>
> in anycase, as my last msg stated, this seems to be bigger than just
> uploads - i've been getting all sorts of msgs stating that fopen
> won't work b/c of permissions...
> : (
>

>> Message: 5
>> Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 15:25:15 -0500
>> From: Tamara Temple <tamouse.lists at gmail.com>
>> To: pmwiki-users users <pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com>
>> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] uploads failing
>>

>> Just tossing out a random idea: does the temporary upload directory
>> PHP uses somehow not have the correct permissions or access, or was
>> it
>> moved someplace else?

Well.. I wasn't entirely sure myself, so I checked the docs: http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php

upload_tmp_dir string
The temporary directory used for storing files when doing file upload.
Must be writable by whatever user PHP is running as. If not specified
PHP will use the system's default.

If the directory specified here is not writable, PHP falls back to the
system default temporary directory. Ifopen_basedir is on, then the
system default directory must be allowed for an upload to succeed.

So I'm guessing /tmp or /private/tmp if it's not set? Check to see if
it is set with phpinfo(). It is entirely possible it's set to
something else on a shared hosting platform.