[pmwiki-users] Could someone summarize the programmatic use of page lists?

Ryan Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:57:25 CDT 2011

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately that recipe is a bit too dense
for me to make sense of.

In particular, I do not understand the $opt parameter -- how it is built,
what is necessary for pagelists, etc. I have a vague idea of how markup is
translated, but I have no idea how to achieve the same effect without
markup.

To give a specific example, I have some client-side Javascript that fires
off an AJAX call to PmWiki with a custom action handler. I want to return a
JSON response, but I do not know how to use MakePageList() without starting
with (:pagelist:) markup.

I think a simple example that explains the process from beginning to end
would help me understand more complex recipes like the one you provided
below. Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Ryan