[pmwiki-users] How to apply page security to page variables

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Sat Feb 19 19:38:38 CST 2011

I found the answer to the first part of my question in pmwiki.php. Apparently, here is what you can add to your config.php:

## This ensures the listed page variables are controlled by page permissions
$FmtPV['$LastModifiedSummary'] = '@$authpage["csum"]'; # instead of '@$page["csum"]'
$FmtPV['$LastModifiedBy'] = '@$authpage["author"]';
$FmtPV['$LastModifiedTime'] = '@$authpage["time"]';
$FmtPV['$Title'] = 'FmtPageTitle(@$authpage["title"], $name, 0)';
$FmtPV['$Titlespaced'] = 'FmtPageTitle(@$authpage["title"], $name, 1)';
$FmtPV['$Description'] = '@$authpage["description"]';

I'm still wondering about the relevance of where it's placed in config.php and the potential for this security to be inadvertently overridden by other recipes.

Randy