[pmwiki-users] Starting #anchor always included

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Feb 19 14:26:58 CST 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 08:19:13PM +0200, tkcusr wrote:
> >I'd like to see the example where it "does not happen without the if
> >block" -- I haven't been able to reproduce that on pmwiki.org.
> There's example at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Stanchor
> You'll see that there's no anchor before the second list.
> [...]
> Another indication that this is a bug is, only the first anchor gets
> included but not the second one. If anchors are supposed to be part
> of an include, then why the second is not included as well?

Ah, that's an entirely separate thing.  PmWiki is smart enough
to know that HTML only allows named anchors to appear once per
page, thus only the first one is ever rendered, and second and
subsequent anchors of the same name are automatically suppressed
(so that the output produced by PmWiki remains valid).

If you look at what gets generated for the Test.Stanchor page,
you'll see that the anchors there are also being generated
inside of <p>...</p> tags.