[pmwiki-users] Run pmwiki from root folder or from /pmwiki?

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 17:05:02 CST 2011

I'm not expert ; I strongly prefer to have pmwiki running in a
dedicated folder ;
because you might need other applications (forum, blog...) and won't
like to install them in pmwiki's space
because you are sure what is in the folder is belonging to pmwiki,
less risk to mix foreign files.
because you might want to create a separated instance of pmwiki in a
dev folder for testing/learning purpose.

If pmwiki is the main motor for your site, if you can rewrite url,
just use clean url to get a short & nice urls wich dont show the
pmwiki folder.
Mine is in a folder called /docs ; my urls are
http://www.site.net/Group/Name ; images are in
http://www.site.net/docs/uploads/Group/Name

Gilles.