[pmwiki-users] Search issue

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Aug 25 08:28:14 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 24 August 2011 00:17:39, R. D. Jones wrote :
> I need some help understanding PmWiki search behavior. When entering
> "Main/" as the search term, the site search engine should return all the
> pages in the "Main" group, yes?

Yes.

> On my Michigan transportation history site
> (http://www.michtranshist.info/) this is not happening. A search of
> "Main/" returns only about a quarter of the pages in the main group. See
> the comparison search, too. Every group search returns many fewer pages
> than are actually in the group.

It looks like a pagename filtering function is not working correctly.

It could be related to a RegExp trying to treat strings as UTF8, when the PHP
version doesn't fully support them. This was fixed in PmWiki version 2.2.30 --
UTF-8 strings in the RegExp are now disabled by default, but can be enabled if
a wiki admin makes sure they will work on his server.

Could you install the latest PmWiki version and report if it still doesn't
work? The problem could also be elsewhere, but for the moment I couldn't
reproduce it on my own wikis.

Petko

P.S. FYI the search
  Name=" Michigan"

doesn't mean anything for PmWiki, it is ignored and a search for "all pages"
is shown. PmWiki could understand lowercase  name= rather than Name= , but a
page name couldn't be " Michigan" starting with a space so you're probably not
searching for what you want.