[pmwiki-users] Converting international documentation to UTF-8

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sun Aug 21 09:17:06 CDT 2011

On Wednesday 17 August 2011 06:03:28, Carlos AB wrote :
> Looked all PtBr files and I can say everything is fine, just found
> some small problems with quotes on PmWikiPhilosophy

Thanks! These are indeed some oblique quotes and special dashes, not regular
ones. It seems that the browsers are capable of displaying them in ISO8859-1,
but the iconv program used for the conversion to UTF-8 is converting them to
something different that the browsers don't understand.

I wonder if these characters weren't added after editing the wiki source in a
text processing program like Word (probably in order to use the spell-check).

We could fix this by using regular quotes and dashes. There is no hurry, we
can do it now or after the migration to UTF-8 (when they will be more easily
identifiable).

Petko