[pmwiki-users] Converting international documentation to UTF-8

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Aug 1 21:33:35 CDT 2011

On Sunday 31 July 2011 02:08:05, Petko Yotov wrote :
> On Saturday 30 July 2011 06:36:58 Carlos AB wrote:
> > I would like to have more information on how can we start converting
> > PmWiki international documentation to utf-8?
>
> We will provide downloads of the translations both in UTF-8 and
> in the older encodings where needed, in the next few days.

Ok, the translations in UTF-8 are ready to be downloaded and tested:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/pub/pmwiki/i18n/

In every archive, there are between 2 and 4 of these directories:

  scripts/    contains the latest xlpage*.php script files
  UTF-8/      the documentation in UTF-8, for wikis in UTF-8 (All languages)
  ISO-8859-1/ the documentation in this encoding (some Western languages)
  ISO-8859-2/ the documentation in this encoding (PmWikiCs and PmWikiHu)
  ISO-8859-9/ the documentation in this encoding (PmWikiTr)

The directories starting with ISO-8859-* are available only for the wikigroups
which currently use these encodings.

Someday, all groups on pmwiki.org will be UTF-8, and PmWiki will be able to
use the UTF-8 files even on wikis that are not UTF-8. It will still be
possible to download the latest documentation in the older encodings, for
wikis which do not need to upgrade or switch to UTF-8.

I invite you to test the UTF-8 version of your language and report any
problems or errors.

Petko

P.S. The Slovak (Slovenščina) language localization was started on an
unsupported encoding, and some characters could not be recovered. If you know
the language, please review it (6 pages). http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiSi