[pmwiki-users] How to configure a server to increase PmWiki's speed

Randy Brown alongkiss at aprivatespot.com
Thu Apr 28 19:25:53 CDT 2011

What Apache/PHP server configurations make PmWiki faster?

I have a website that uses lots of (: pagelists :) and (: includes :) that was loading pages in 8 seconds or so. Then almost instantly that changed to under 2 seconds for a few days. Then suddenly again that changed back to 8-12 seconds. I know the hosting company was changing my server's configuration during this period. While I did make some changes to code as well, I don't think anything that I did accounts for the drastic difference in speed.

I've tried installing the same website on a different server - this time a VPS. But I'm getting the 8+ second page load time there too.

There's got to be some server configuration(s) that accounts for the drastic difference in page load time. What could it be?

Randy