[pmwiki-users] clean urls

James M jamesm1415 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 15:55:42 CDT 2011

I have been battling with setting up a new pmwiki - I already have
another one on the same server, and have decided to have two
individual wikis rather than a farm, at least for the time being.  I
use .htaccess to make clean urls.  The odd thing is that  "pmwiki.php"
is inserted in the url.  (Just in the new wiki, not the old one, which
works fine).

More precisely, if I enter in the url bar,
www.example.com/macc20/
it translates index.html to pmwiki.php and diplays the default page
correctly (as directed by .htaccess).
But when I then click on one of the links I get (for example)
www.example.com/macc20/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/BasicEditing

Any suggestion of where the extra pmwiki.php comes from?

Thanks
James

ps
My .htaccess file is:
=====================
# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /macc20
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]

Options All -Indexes