[pmwiki-users] function PrintFmt() question

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 8 10:56:36 CDT 2011

If I understand it correctly, function PrintFmt() is responsible
for ultimate HTML output via code line echo $x; at the end,
and the skin's HTML is calling PrintFmt() a number of times via
function PrintSkin().

I cannot see a hook to divert/pipe/save this ultimate output into
a variable, which could be used to for instance save a fully rendered
HTML page to file (creating an HTML file).

Are there possibilities to do that?

I am playing with possibilities to use PmWiki as a tool to produce
static HTML pages. I got a custom action skin which produces just the
right finished HTML for a page. But I don't know how to save it,
other than using a browser's 'Save Page As' command, which is
unsatisfactory because relative links for dependent files are messed
up, or copying and pasting a browser's HTML page source, which is
cumbersome.

  ~Hans