[pmwiki-users] Making homepage links inoperative until newcomers register first

Vince Administration vadmin at math.uconn.edu
Sat Apr 2 10:19:00 CDT 2011

On Apr 2, 2011, at 8:10 AM, Al Louis Ripskis wrote:

> Vince,
> Thanks very much for your suggestion to solve my conundrum.
> But I'm almost totally new to the wiki environment, so I apologize for asking what are very basic questions. Where and how do II insert the
>
> (:if auth something :)
>> Links for logged in users
>> (:else:)
>> advertising for others, with no link.
>> (:ifend:)
>
> In the config.php file? The homepage? Where?
> Insert, verbatim, exactly what you wrote? Or do I need to add something after the colons or in place of "something."
> Thanks again, Vince.
> Hope Uconn wins today and Monday!
> Al

Brian said this much better than I did. You need the AuthUser recipe, which presumably you will need anyway if you want people to login.  Then in the page
Site.Sidebar  (or whatever page you use for the sidebar:

(:if authid:)
* [[Page.Target1 | Label1 ]]
* [[Page.Target2 | Label2 ]]
(:else:)
* Label1
* Label2
(:ifend:)

but you will need AuthUser recipe loaded.

Rgds
Brian
---------------------------------------

You may also want to add a login link in the space between Label2 and (:ifend:)
This is a piece of my Site.Sidebar, with some clarification added.
* [[Main/HomePage]]
* [[Main/WikiSandbox]]
----
(:if authid :)
*[[Page1 | First page ]]
*[[Page2 | Highly Secret Page ]]
(:else:)
* First Page
* Highly Secret Page
----

%sidehead% [[PmWiki.DocumentationIndex | Wiki Documentation]]
* [[PMWiki/QuickEdit | Quick Edit Reference]]
* [[PmWiki/Basic Editing]]
* [[PmWiki/Text Formatting (Rules)]]
* [[PmWiki/DocumentationIndex | Document. Index]]
(:ifend:)
%right% [-[[Site.SideBar?action=edit | edit SideBar]]-]

%left% (:if auth admin:) [[{*$FullName}?action=logout | Logout ]]  (:if:)