[pmwiki-users] hide links for certain groups

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 11:38:55 CDT 2011

Friday, April 1, 2011, 5:21:07 PM, Randy Brown wrote:

> What I'm wondering is different: how to tell within config whether
> an AuthUser group includes an arbitrary member.

> For example, suppose the logged in user is Robert. How would a
> function in config return the correct answer about whether or not
> id:Randy belongs to @PHPsmarties?

I don't know. I don't think any of the functions in authuser.php
will give you that answer. which means you need to create your own
function to read the data from Site.AuthUser to create  a list of all
members and their respective @group associations.

But I don't see why Robert shall want to know if Randy belongs to
@PHPsmarties. If Robert has admin authorisation he can look at
Site.AuthUser and check out Randy. If the page is not read protected
anyone can check for that information.

Or perhaps you are looking for a form based user management system?
There was talk about that in another thread.

  ~Hans