[pmwiki-users] default page after login

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Oct 19 06:04:46 CDT 2010

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Carlos Franke
<carlos_franke at taunusstein.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to specify a default page to which a user is directed after login (i.e. authuser login)? And how do I do that?

According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicVariables#DefaultPage
you can set $DefaultGroup and $DefaultPage appropriately, early in
your config.php:

  $DefaultGroup='MyGroup';
  $DefaultPage='MyPage';

(Then you will be directed to MyGroup.MyPage if the user has come to
the site without specifying the page.)

> At the moment, users of my wiki seem to be directed to the page they last visited when they log in, except sometimes
> they are directed to Site/PageActions, which doesn't really make any sense.

It depends what URL they are using to access your site usually.  And
going to the last page the visited does not seem like a feature I've
ever heard of ... unless they are using their browser's history to get
to the page.  If this behavior continues, please reply back giving
more specifics what URL the users are using to access the site...

Note that even if you specify $DefaultGroup and $DefaultPage, if the
URL that is used to access the site specifies a different page then
the defaults will be ignored.  If you use this URL:

www.example.com/pmwiki/MyGroup/Page67    (with CleanUrls)
   -or-
www.example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=MyGroup.Page67     (without CleanUrls)

and that page requires a password then the user will be presented with
a login form and then automatically be sent to MyGroup.Page67.  The
values of $DefaultGroup and $DefaultPage will NOT be relevant.

It is when you go to a more simple URL
(www.example.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php, for instance) that the defaults
kick in to specify which page to go to...

Hope that helps,

-Peter