[pmwiki-users] password must be entered everytime

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Mon May 31 15:21:54 CDT 2010

On 5/31/2010 3:54 PM, Walter Keller wrote:
> Hello
>
> Since I upgrade to Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, 10.04 LTS, I have to enter the
> edit password twice for every edit. I use the wiki locally with apache.
>
> PhpInfo says
> session.save_path 	/var/lib/php5 	/var/lib/php5
>
> I did a chmod 777 var/lib/php5 and restarted apache still the same
> I remove all session files on the directory, new session file were
> create, but the problem persists.
>
> Has anyone an idea how to fix or debug this?
Same question came up earlier:
http://www.mail-archive.com/pmwiki-users@pmichaud.com/msg19911.html

Basically, this is either related to PHP 5.3, in which case you'll need
to upgrade to the latest PmWiki.

Or, I've also seen seen similar behavior when the tmp directory that
session files are stored in is not defined. This could very well have
changed with an OS/server upgrade.

This in config.php works for me:
   session_save_path('/path/to/tmp/sessions');

  ~ ~ Dave