[pmwiki-users] Widen sidebar on IE8 with Triad skin

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 27 15:51:42 CDT 2010

Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 6:40:35 AM, Francesco Sblendorio wrote:

> I put hard-coded "170px" in pub/skins/triad/css/layout-triad.css
> (#left-box), but nothing changed...
> What can I do?

Putting the width attribute into a style sheet or injecting it
directly into the page head  via the $HTMLStylesFmt should not make
any difference. I tried to reproduce your problem but could not.
So I am a bit at a loss as to what to recommend.
You could try to set the left column width not to #left-box,
but to #sidebar, like: #sidebar { width: 170px; }
Maybe that triggers better styling in IE8?

  ~Hans