[pmwiki-users] Google not indexing secondary wikis in a wiki farm

Steve G. wordz2u at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:17:19 CDT 2010

Hi Y'all!

A while ago I converted my one wiki into a wiki farm. The main wiki files
are under www.words2u.net/pmwiki, and in the root www.words2u.net I have a
single index file which redirects to pmwiki using <?php header( 'Location:
/pmwiki' );?>

The other wikis are at www.words2u.net/recipes and www.words2u.net/spanish

As I am currently reading a book about SEO, I installed the Google tool bar
and tried to see if my pages are cached. I also tried doing it by searching
Google for the term site:words2u.net -pppppp , where pppppp is something
that is not in any of my pages, and hence the search should find all web
pages in my site (all of which do not have ppppppp in them, so the condition
is always true).

Both methods show all the pages in my main wiki, and none of the pages in my
secondary.

I have one robot.txt (and robots.txt) in my root directory, and the one that
came with pmwiki, in pmwiki/scripts/robots.php , which I have not modified
in any way.
My own robot.txt file forbids direct access to the parent directory of the
wiki, and to a couple of directories where I keep large files for linking
using Disallow: /words2u

Any idea what is wrong with my setup that prevents the googlebots form
looking at my secondary wikis? Should I specifically modify the robots file
to allow access to /spanish and /recipes?

My version is pmwiki-2.2.15

Thanks,

Z.

--