[pmwiki-users] PmWiki vs Drupal

Chris Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Sun May 23 15:03:37 CDT 2010

Francesco Sblendorio wrote:
> I never used drupal, joomla or any other CMS but PmWiki.
> Some one can tell what are the main differences and
> advantages/disadvantages with respect to PmWiki?
>
> I installed PmWiki and started using it with a very little training.
> Tried installing drupal but I had some difficulties starting.

One of the problems with CMS's and most wiki's is the need for other pieces
(e.g. a database).  Most people want to focus on content.  With PmWiki you don't
have to be a DBA... which is one of its nicest features.  Most CMS/Wiki database
based sites will go down hard on a slashdotting since the adhoc DBA didn't
understand what "might" happen and most don't have the means to simulate such.

PmWiki's simplicity is a big advantage.