[pmwiki-users] Link "last news" automatically

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 13 07:54:44 CDT 2010

Thursday, May 13, 2010, 11:14:22 AM, Francesco Sblendorio wrote:

> No, that way it'll be displayed the page "News.News", while I need
> the first actual news, but with the possibility to have a permanent
> link that displays the latest news

if you want a static link in the sidebar, not dynamic links generated
by pagelist, you could
1) either insert the static link markup directly into sideBar,
2) or insert it via  a page text variable:

Add to news.News a PTV like

(:topnews: News.CicapLombardiaSuArteTV :)

fixing the page name for the top news article as a PTV.

Then add to SideBar:

%sidehead% [[{News.News$:topnews}| News]]

followed by the usual pagelist for the trail.

  ~Hans