[pmwiki-users] What attachment operations do you want or need?

SteP step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com
Fri May 7 09:44:26 CDT 2010

Peter Bowers wrote:

>> When marking up, add a replace-on-edit rule for Attach:... if there
>> is no file extension or if the extension isn't recognised, in which
>> case the extension of the first matching uploaded attachment is
>> appended.

This is good enough to address my original request.

> For both of these cases above I would add to the logic "if it matches
> exactly one file then do action X".  In other words, I don't want the
> computer guessing between 3 different files I've got that all happen
> to have the same "base" filename.  However, if there's only one file
> that matches then filling in the rest of the filename makes a lot of
> sense.

With one of the X actions to be (processing markup) "expand into multiple Attaches if more than one
uploaded file matches the basename"

In fact, I wonder if it wouldn't just be better to extend Attach: rendering to wildcards:

Attach:file.*   => shows all files that match file.*

It sounds like a generalization of Petko's Thumblist - constrained to the Attach markup rules.