[pmwiki-users] RFC: Attachment variable syntax

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri May 7 02:27:06 CDT 2010

I've now got a first implementation for the structure of reading
attachment metadata. Mostly it just does simple stuff like give you
the file size or its mime type, as well as the silliness that's
required to turn $RecentUploadsFmt into a search pattern that tells
you who last modified a file.

However, I figured I'd ask here about the syntax to use for this,
rather than just trusting that I've come up with the best solution. In
general, the forms I'm using are:

{Attach:duck.jpg$Mimetype} -- the simplest case
{Attach:Group.Page/duck.jpg$Mimetype} -- referring to the type of
another page's duck
{Attach:*/duck.jpg$Mimetype} -- referring to the type of the main
page's duck from the sidebar
{Attach:duck.jpg$Mimetype:charset=1} -- the type of a duck, along with
its charset

As I'd rather not prime you with my explanations for the above, I'll
leave it at that and ask instead, does that look all right, or is it
too odd in some way?

eemeli