[pmwiki-users] What attachment operations do you want or need?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Tue May 4 14:32:35 CDT 2010

On 4 May 2010 17:17,  <pmwiki at 911networks.com> wrote:
> I use a lot of attachments. I'd like:
> 1. Formatting. Left, right, centered and flowed with text.

Try %lfloat%, %rfloat% and %center%.

> 2. Sizing by %, height or width

You mean resize an image to some percent of its original size? This
should be doable with Attache-ImageSizer. Haven't tested it, but you
could try a setting like:

$ImgSizer['convert-fmt'] = array('default' => '', 'scale' => "-resize '%s%'");

and then linking to a filename such as duck--scale--s50.jpg to get a
half-size version of duck.jpg.

> 3. Text annotation, alternate text

What do you mean by this?

> 4. Tying attachments to categories, and then use just the categories
> to display the attachments that match. That's the biggest and more
> important for me.

I'm working on this, slowly at least. My idea is to generalise
pagelists, which now (mostly) first generate a list of pages and then
apply a template to each of those pages. If I could instead generate a
list of attachments, and then apply similar templates to each of
those, that should allow your category lists to work as well.

But there are preconditions to that, of course. Primarily for such a
list to make sense, you need to be able to list stuff: file metadata.
And to do that, I need to take the guts of Attachtable-FileInfo and
make them prettier -- which they're not, atm.

eemeli