[pmwiki-users] '!' in pagelists [Re: Indexing categories and links (suspended)]

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 7 05:36:03 CST 2010

The possibility to use '!' as a negation character is a new feature.
It was added in 2.2.7 (2009-11-08).

I think it should be removed, and the hyphen should stay as the only
negation character, as having two 'intuitive' negation characters is
counterintuitive. And, quite possibly, category markup was designed as
[[!Name]], because the exclamation mark wasn't used elsewhere at the time.

2.2.7 introduced the exclamation mark, because it was mentioned in source
comments, but not accounted for in the code. Petko asked at the bottom of
PITS 01149, whether he should enable '!' usage in patterns, or remove it
from the comment, but nobody answered and he has chosen to enable it.

PITS 01149: http://pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01149

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos

P.S.
If anybody has doubts regarding my statements, try
(:pagelist group=!PmWiki:)
in pre PmWiki-2.2.7 and pre PHP-5.3 environment.