[pmwiki-users] Using Intense Debate With Bloge

sovvie at intrepidtrek.com sovvie at intrepidtrek.com
Tue Jun 8 22:24:29 CDT 2010

Salutations!

I'm currently using Bloge and I want to use a comment service like Intense
Debate. To install it you have two Javascript snippets. I wrote two new
markup rules and put them in the config.php file:

Markup('intensedebate1', 'directives',
  '/\\(:intensedebate1:\\)/',
  Keep("<script type='text/javascript'><!--
    var idcomments_acct = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX';
    var idcomments_post_id;
    var idcomments_post_url;
    //--></script>
        <script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.intensedebate.com/js/genericCommentWrapperV2.js'></script>"));

Markup('intensedebate2', 'directives',
  '/\\(:intensedebate2:\\)/',
  Keep("<script type='text/javascript'><!--
    var idcomments_acct = 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX';
    var idcomments_post_id;
    var idcomments_post_url;
    //--></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.intensedebate.com/js/genericLinkWrapperV2.js'></script>"));

When I plugged them into the blog entries everything worked fine...for a
while. ID seems to forget comments were ever posted to entries, then
sometimes it does. It especially doesn't like the first item on the
Blog.Blog pagelist. I sent an email to the ID folks to see if they might
have an explanation for the problem. I'm putting this to PmWiki/Bloge
users to see if I did something wrong. Or maybe PmWki/Bloge and ID don't
play well together.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sovvie
http://www.intrepidtrek.com/wiki/Blog/Blog