[pmwiki-users] Imorting a Microsoft Front Page Discussion to pmWiki?

Steve Commerce2008 at ErgoArchitecture.com
Thu Jun 3 20:59:09 CDT 2010

jdd-gmane <jdd <at> dodin.org> writes:

> Le 29/05/2010 07:39, Steve a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > My small company has an in-house help system built using Front Page and
their
> > discussion webbot.  Unfortunately it is maddening to edit and Front Page
has
> > no future.  I would love to port it to a more robust and elegant system,
and
> > it appears that pmWiki is just the thing!
> >
> > Our existing discussion has about 2,500 articles, many of which are
> > hyperlinked to each other, and we can't abandon them to start over.  The
> > articles are basic html files other than the webbot tag.  The articles
each
> > have a unique hexidecimal name such as 000003e6.htm
> >
> > Any ideas on how I might be able to convert these files to pmWiki files
and
> > import them into a wiki?  Losing the hyperlinks would not be the end of
the
> > world, but some sort of automated process to import the articles is
probably a
> > must.
> >
> > Thanks for any ideas you might have!
> >
> > Steve
>
> wget with the appropriate option fixes the link problem. Why not keep
> a static part (the old one) and simply add a new pmwiki?
>
> jdd

Unfortunately there is no static part.  These articles are used, appended, and
updated quite frequently.  Unfortunately we have to go into a HTML editor to
do this, and the process isn't terribly intuitive.  We would like to port to a
more user-friendly system to make editing these articles easier.

Steve