[pmwiki-users] Associating one wiki page with a Google Map marker

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jan 27 21:38:59 CST 2010

On Thursday 21 January 2010 17:37:11, Aditya Mandayam wrote :
> after installing the GMaps recipe from:
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GMap
>
> I would like to associate individual pages to markers on the Google Map.
>
> Is this possible? Are interactive Google Maps possible with PMWiki?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "associate individual pages to markers",
but you can have links in the baloon that appears after clicking on the
marker. See the section "Advanced usage : many pin markers in one map".

For example, you can have this:

: %gmap% [[GMap:ll=...]]  : Center, view and zoom of the map
: GMap:ll=48.84,2.31      : [[My page 1]]
: GMap:ll=...             : [[Group/My page 2]]

etc.

If you want to have the coordinates written in the pages, and to have an
automatic map, it might be possible to use a pagelist, but this is quite an
advanced topic.

In every page, you set a PageTextVariable like (:Coords:48.84,2.31:) - note,
there are no spaces.

Then, in the page with the map, you can use such markup:

(:if false:)
[[#mapfmt]]
(:template first:)
: %gmap% [[GMap:ll=...]] : Center, view and zoom of the map
(:template each:)
: GMap:ll={=$:Coords} : [[{=$FullName}|+]]
[[#mapfmtend]]
(:ifend:)
(:pagelist fmt=#mapfmt group=MyGroup $:Coords=???*:)

This should create automatically the GMap definition list.

To learn more about pagelists, see
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageListTemplates
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PagelistVariables