[pmwiki-users] Cookbook Ratings : Vote for the recipes you use

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Jan 18 15:28:06 CST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 11:34:28AM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> I also agree with Hans. I prefer to move user edits out of the main
> cookbook page. In general I tend to maintain a separate version of the
> cookbook page outside of PmWiki which contains notes for the in dev
> version. I prefer not to have to consider needing to merge a cookbook
> page edited by users with my in dev version. Of course this process is
> likely to be different across cookbook authors.

I agree with this too; it isn't that I'm afraid of users breaking
things, it's that I also find it easier to maintain my own "dev" version
of the cookbook page in my own wiki, and then just cut and paste it when
I release a new version.  If I have to merge in other edits such as
ratings, that becomes a bit of a hassle.

I don't particularly care whether there is a separate -Ratings page or
if the ratings are on the -Talk page, I'd just prefer that they weren't
on the main page, especially if it's possible to view them on the main
page with an include in the GroupFooter or something similar.

Kathryn Andersen
--
 _--_|\     | Kathryn Andersen  <http://www.katspace.org>