[pmwiki-users] https not understood in image

Bernard Bel bernarbel at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 07:48:24 CST 2010

>On Saturday 16 January 2010 11:17:59, Bernard Bel wrote :
>> %lfloat margin-right=25px
>>  newwin%[[https://www.hon.ch/HONcode/Conduct.html?HONConduct715565|http://w
>> ww.hon.ch/HONcode/Seal/French/HONConduct715565_s.gif""]]%%
>>
>> does not display the image.
>>
>> The only difference is that we use "https" for the image link.
>
>Hello. I cannot see that, it seems to work fine on pmwiki.org, both images are
>visible :
>  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ImageLinkHTTPS
>
>Check the image URL for typos, or reload the page, or clear your browser/proxy
>cache.
>
>Petko
>
>P.S. If you find a bug/problem, and if you could create a page demonstrating
>it on PmWiki.org in the Test/ group, or if you could show us your own page
>(even better, both on pmwiki.org and your page), the diagnosis and the fixes
>would most likely be faster. :-)

Below is the same example page on my site. I only inserted a horizontal break to separate the two occurrences:
http://crdo.fr/cianewiki/index.php?n=Enca.Test

I believe this problem has something to do with the webserver's setup... I tried to stop the Firewall but it did not change the result, even after clearing the web browser's cache.

I am not annoyed with this particular instance since the site will be hosted by a different server but I imagine it points at a problem that PmWiki migh be able to work around: it is strange that the image disappears just because it points at a https page.

Bernard Bel