[pmwiki-users] Simple forms, but which processor?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri Feb 26 11:23:40 CST 2010

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Mark Bacas<mbacas at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> So, I'd like to have a button or link I click on which creates a
>> newticket (powertools) that brings me to a form that I fill out. The
>> form would have some PTV that I can key off of for my pagelist
>> process. I think I was almost there with PmForm but I came to the edit
>> screen first which I had to Save first and then I'd see the form to
>> fill out. I just want to be brought straight to the form.
There are a couple of pages on PmWiki around PmForm. The main one is
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmform/, and this has links to a few examples. I
know I missed this when I started, so just pointing it out.

That is possible with PmForm -- you should need to goto the edit page.
Are you able to post an example of what you are doing, or a URL? When
you define the $PmForm you need to specify the 'saveto' parameter.

>> Also when I
>> have my list of pages processed by pagelist I'd like to be able to
>> click on a link that would bring up the form to allow me to edit/add
>> new data to the existing form.
The easiest way is to have the pmform directive as part of the page
group header. So with the PmForm variables forming the content of the
page, the header now uses those variables to pre-populate the form. So
the group header would be:
(:pmform my-form:)

  ~ ~ Dave