[pmwiki-users] wrong date on sitemap

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Feb 24 12:00:52 CST 2010

2010/2/24 pmwiki <pmwiki at 911networks.com>

> I'm having a problem with the sitemap.
>
> http://www.foto-biz.com/index.php?action=sitemap

> The problem is that the date of the lastmod is wrong. It should be
> 2010-02-24, today.
>
> The Main/HomePage is a pagelist:
>
> (:pagelist fmt=#fotonews
> name=-Foto-Biz/Foto-Biz,-Seo/Seo,-Lightroom/Lightroom,-Biz/Biz list=normal
> order=-ctime count=20 :)

The date of the last modification is the last day that the page was edited.
The fact that it shows an updated pagelist reflecting more recent changes
doesn't mean that the HomePage itself was altered.  That pagelist is dynamic
content, but the instructions to create it remained the same and so no
change to that page is reflected.

A rough analogy...  Think of "last modified" as the last date your
television was repaired.  The fact that your TV shows new content each day
(i.e., new shows are received and displayed) doesn't change the date when
something on the television was changed/repaired.

That should hopefully explain *why* you are getting this.  Unfortunately I
have no ideas as to how to get what you are actually wanting...  Sorry!
Hopefully somebody else will be able to help.

-Peter