[pmwiki-users] install problems -- cgi-bin sneaks into pmwiki urls

viki.veeks at gmail.com viki.veeks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 07:49:50 CST 2010

Hello.

I'm having some problems installing pmwiki on the `production' server.
I'm pretty sure I did a test-install some weeks ago, so it may be that
I'm missing something simple :-)

Any hints are appreciated.
Help me get this beautiful software onto that server!

I'm trying to install pmwiki in a `subsite' subdirectory of the `htdocs'
directory, so that my subsite would be
http://www.mywebsite.org/mysubsite

During the install run of pmwiki.php, I get a 500 internal server error;
and the url in the status bar becomes:
http://www.mywebsite.org/cgi-bin/php?n=Main.HomePage

After this, pointing the browser to
http://www.mywebsite.org/mysubsite/pmwiki.php
renders an unstyled pmwiki welcome page.
Inspecting this a little, I see that for some reason everything is being
`mapped' to `cgi-bin'!

I mean, for instance the `RecentChanges' link points to:
http://www.mywebsite.org/cgi-bin/php?n=Main.RecentChanges
instead of
http://www.mywebsite.org/mysubsite/pmwiki.php?n=Main.RecentChanges

This is even for the css!