[pmwiki-users] How to force-update the pageindex

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Aug 12 01:32:03 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Randy Brown <ALONGKISS at aprivatespot.com> wrote:
> Having changed the name of my Category group, my pageindex is now hopelessly out of date.
> I thought I could just delete the hidden .pageindex file in my local wiki (I haven't set any special
> $WorkDir, so I think that's the right file) and then it would be automatically re-created.

After reading more carefully (sorry) I see that you are changing your
Category group.  This means that the links to categories (which are
stored with each page) were something like Category.MyCategory and now
are in something like MyNewCatGroup.MyCategory.  This is stored in the
targets= attribute of each individual page in addition to the
.pageindex file.  So by deleting the .pageindex you fixed part of the
problem, but each page is going to have to have that targets=
attribute updated.

If this type of link=X is the source of the erroneous pagelists then I
believe this is the source of your problem.  I'll go ahead and update
the documentation at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories, but
if I've missed the boat here then feel free to change my docs back...

-Peter