[pmwiki-users] How to force-update the pageindex

Randy Brown ALONGKISS at APRIVATESPOT.COM
Wed Aug 11 19:07:24 CDT 2010

Having changed the name of my Category group, my pageindex is now hopelessly out of date. I thought I could just delete the hidden .pageindex file in my local wiki (I haven't set any special $WorkDir, so I think that's the right file) and then it would be automatically re-created.

But that's not what happened. I've tried several things besides deleting the .pageindex file: setting EnablePageIndex to 0 and then back to 1, commenting out $PageListCacheDir and then putting it back in, stopping and re-starting the server in the hope that would clear out the cache, and making global changes through WikiSh. Nothing so far has updated the pageindex except my manually re-saving each page, one by one.

I assume I must be deleting the wrong pageindex file, or failing to clear out a cache - but I don't see my mistake. Does anyone have any tips on how to force--update the pageindex?

Randy