[pmwiki-users] double logon

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Wed Sep 30 13:06:04 CDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 6:43 PM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:
> On 9/30/2009 12:09 PM, Tegan Dowling wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Peter Bowers<pbowers at pobox.com>  wrote:
>>> The former -- as soon as I type username/password and submit the form
>>> it immediately comes back to ask me for another username/password.
>>> This is the case even if I'm on a page that doesn't require
>>> authorization and I have just used ?action=login.
> Do you have any .htaccess rules that might be doing some sort of redirect?

Here's my .htaccess in my pmwiki directory:

===(snip)===
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

# Use mod_rewrite to enable "Clean URLs" for a PmWiki installation.
RewriteEngine On
# Define the rewrite base.
RewriteBase /
# Send requests without parameters to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^$           pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests for index.php to pmwiki.php.
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ pmwiki.php  [L]
# Send requests with pmwiki.php to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^pmwiki.php/([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]
# Send requests to pmwiki.php, appending the query string part.
RewriteRule ^([A-Z0-9\xa0-\xff].*)$ pmwiki.php?n=$1  [QSA,L]
===(snip)===

I'll confess that htaccess is a bit of a "black box" to me so I don't
know -- I do know that my address bar looks the same for both
logins...

Something else curious that I've found now (maybe related?) is that in
my farmconfig I set the $DefaultPasswords['admin'] to one value and
then override it for this particular wiki in config.php.  I have put
echo statements before/after my assignment and confirm that config.php
is actually being called and is actually changing the value.  But I
cannot get admin authorization with the config.php setting and I can
get admin authorization with the farmconfig setting.  My understanding
(and what shows in pmwiki.php) is that config.php is run *after*
farmconfig and so config.php should "win"...?

-Peter