[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

ABClf languefrancaise at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 14:13:49 CDT 2009

I'm not sure I can use one more time this thread for two questions unrelated
to Oliver Betz's will.
Tell me if I'm wrong, no problem, sorry ; I just though it was tolerable to
keep on this thread.

So :
(1) Hans, can your confirm that one can't scan a #delimited#section in every
page (something like : Group.*#beginsection#endsection) ? Everytime I test
something to make it work, I get a «No pages to be searched!» message.

What I was testing here is to use TextExtract in place of an include
pagelist like :
(:pagelist "[[#todo]]" name=-Modele*,-AFaire Group=Group fmt=#includetodo
order=name:)

(Which one would be the more efficient ? native include pagelist ou
section-limited Textextract process ?)

(2) I use TextExtract on a page to collect everywhere in the Group I wrote
some hidden comment : %eval_xxx% (so that I can show all sentences I
prefixed with that comment markup).
Here it is my query :
{(extract 'eval_' Group.*,-RecentChanges markup=on title=Listage header=full
timer=1 unit=line prefix=link snip=%.*%)}
This works fine, I get the results I want but something I don't like is that
it prints *0 results* although there are 41 matches : « *0 results*    on 41
pages from 394 pages searched »
I guess the reason is I queried some hidden markup ?

(if interested my page is at :
http://www.languefrancaise.net/docs/Argot/Evaluations : I collect here some
evaluations written elsewhere in the group)

(3) Is there any way to print the header (title and time) but not show the
results ?

Thank you !
Gilles.