[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Sep 11 07:09:42 CDT 2009

Thursday, September 10, 2009, 10:35:31 AM, Oliver Betz wrote:

> couldn't you re-use the PmWiki search mechanism?

> But maybe it's more efficient to extend the PmWiki search to output
> the words in context.

Pmwiki search and pagelist only returns a list of pages.
Pm mad eit clear many times that he is not interested in
adding showing terms in context to the Pmwiki search.

For TextExtract I cannot just use PmWiki's search engine,
because we need to extract text. But thanks to your suggestion I was
inspired to look at the handling of search terms again, and will
incorporate the way PmWiki's search handles search terms, so we can
have input like
  'abc xyz' => output with 'abc' AND 'xyz' in the page;
  '"abc def" xyz' => output with 'abc def' AND 'xyz' in the page;
  'abc -xyz' => output with 'abc' but NOT 'xyz' in the page;
  'abc|xyz' => output with 'abc' OR 'xyz' in the page;

  ~Hans