[pmwiki-users] TextExtract (Search recipe) update

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Wed Sep 9 10:55:12 CDT 2009

Hans wrote:

[...]

>> If this worked, your recipe would make a nice generic search box.
>
>Would it depend on having this feature, i.e.
>search term input with true AND logic?

I use it very often to limit the search results.

>> But highlighting two different words works, e.g. seperated|underneath.
>
>Yes, the terms are found as OR condition.

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know the problem with "highlighting two
words of an AND condition" compared to "highlighting two words of an
OR condition".

>> Another question: How hard would it be to define the extent of the
>> extract not in paragraphs or lines but in words? Some paragraphs are
>> too long (e.g. change log, release notes), while others are too short
>> to give enough context.
>
>The search could return the whole page (unit=page)
>but then have another filtering using a word count
>around the found term. Not sure how good it will look
>or how easy it will be to implement.

It will look similar to the search results of Google etc., but I also
don't know how hard it would be to implement.

Oliver