[pmwiki-users] Cookbook Comments pages

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 10:15:52 CDT 2009

Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 3:03:49 PM, pmwiki at 911networks.com wrote:

> 1. Sorry to ask, but could you explain how having a separate page with
> one more entry to the list will speed up the (:pagelist ...:)?

> Then maybe I should also change my page structures.

The  pagelist template on page Cookbook.RecipeList has
a user profiles link count incorporated, which checks links on a
cookbook page and it's associated -Talk page.
So it does two page checks for every cookbook recipe which matches
the category (left menu categories). Having an additional check on
possible -Comments pages adds to the processing load.
That is the reason why we now just use -Talk pages.

> 2. How did you do the bulk changes? Did you do it one page at a time or
> is there some script/recipe.

There were only  a few, I did some by hand, Petko did others by hand.

  ~Hans