[pmwiki-users] Using variable in skin template

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Sat Oct 24 16:57:02 CDT 2009

Aha! Googling the right terms helps. A way to use php to create a css file.

http://www.barelyfitz.com/projects/csscolor/

Probably old news to many, but new and intriguing to me. Just checked
the PmWiki docs, and yes I can have more than one php file in the skin
folder. Something for me to play with next weekend.

Sandy

Key lines:

+++++

To use PHP in your CSS file:

1. Rename your style.css file to style.php, then add the following to
the top of the file:

       <?php header("Content-type: text/css"); ?>

This line tells the browser that the file is CSS instead of HTML.

2. In your HTML files, change the stylesheet references from style.css
to style.php. For example:

       <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
	media="screen" ref="style.php">

++++++