[pmwiki-users] Using variable in skin template

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Oct 24 02:48:29 CDT 2009

Saturday, October 24, 2009, 3:54:43 AM, DaveG wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
>> I'm not (yet) comfortable with $HTMLStylesFmt[].
> It's an array, which can contain arrays :)

I thought not. I understand $HTMLStylesFmt to list
css attributes, which get injected into
<styles>...</styles> tags in the page's HTML
 <head> section (to put it briefly).

So an admin or developer can use

$HTMLStylesFmt[] = "some HTML selectors with css attributes";

to add these attributes to the $HTMLStylesFmt array
and thus inject them into the <styles> tags.
It just means adding a new element to the array.
If you give it a name, like $HTMLStylesFmt['mycss'],
then it will be added to the array with that key name,
instead of a numerical key. This is useful for situations
where otherwise it may be added several times with the same css
atributes, to avoid such repetitions. I used that in markup
functions, where the same markup may be used several times in
a page.

  ~Hans